BREEZE AERMOD provides modelers with the ability to import model objects from existing AERMOD related files. The supported files include EPA AERMOD and ISC input files (.dat), BREEZE AERMOD input files (.ami), source files (.pnt), receptor files (.rec), and building files (.bld). With these file types, users can import model object data including, but not limited to, locations, exit temperatures, and stack heights into a new modeling project.
The Import Model Objects tool streamlines the model setup process and saves a great deal of time and effort. To learn how to import model objects from AERMOD-related files into BREEZE AERMOD for your air dispersion modeling assessments, please follow the steps below:
- In BREEZE AERMOD, navigate to the Project tab and select the Project Tools menu. Choose Import Model Objects from the dropdown menu.
- Click the “…” button beside the Select file field and select the supported file which contains the model objects that need to be imported.
- Choose the model objects to be imported into your modeling scenario. (For this example, we will select the boundary receptors).
Note: Users can choose how to handle duplicate model object IDs with the Duplicates handling method. This method provides the following options:
- Do not import duplicates: This option will ignore model objects with IDs that already exist in the current project.
- Overwrite any existing duplicates: Existing model objects will be overwritten by new model objects with the same ID.
- Prompt to overwrite each duplicate: The user will be given the option whether or not to overwrite the existing model object with the parameters of the new object.
- Select OK and the model objects will be imported. Once imported, navigate to the Map Tab and view the imported model objects.
If you have questions when importing model objects into BREEZE AERMOD, please click Help in the ribbon bar to access the user guide or contact the BREEZE Support Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1 (972) 661-8881.